September 1, 2013: Obama Denies Responsibility for Working Americans
1. The White House. WEEKLY ADDRESS: Commemorating Labor Day. August 21, 2013. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/08/31/weekly-address-commemorating-labor-day, retrieved August 31, 2013.
2. United States Department of Labor. The Official Blog of the U.S. Department of Labor. A Labor Day Opportunity. Secretary Tom Perez. August 30, 2013. http://social.dol.gov/blog/a-labor-day-opportunity/#more-8391, retrieved September 1, 2013.
3. The White House. WEEKLY ADDRESS: Commemorating Labor Day. Op. cit.
September 4, 2013: Muslims Make Fools of Liberal Democrats and Willing Republicans
1. U.S. Department of State. Statement on Syria. Remarks. John Kerry. Secretary of State. August 30, 2013. http://www.state.gov/secretary/remarks/2013/08/213668.htm, retrieved September 2, 2013.
2. Senator Robert Menendez. Chairman Menendez Opening Remarks at the Hearing on Authorization of Use of Military Force in Syria. September 3, 2013. http://www.menendez.senate.gov/newsroom/press/ chairman-menendez-opening-remarks-at-the-hearing-on-authorization-of-use-of-military-force-in-syria, retrieved September 4, 2013.
4. U.S. Congressman Trent Franks. Franks: Anti-Semitic Remarks Prove Rouhani Not a Moderate. August 2, 2013. http://franks.house.gov/press-release/franks-anti-semitic-remarks-prove-rouhani-not-moderate, retrieved September 3, 2013.
September 11, 2013: Do 45 Percent of Americans No Longer Respect America?
1. The White House. Remarks by the President at the University of Indonesia in Jakarta, Indonesia. November 10, 2010. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2010/11/10/remarks-president-university-indonesia-jakarta-indonesia, retrieved September 10, 2013.
September 13, 2013: Chicago Schools a Better Choice for Duncan’s Education Bus Tour
1. U.S. Department of Education. ED.gov. White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanics Announces the Back-to-School Texas Tour. August 29, 2013. http://www.ed.gov/news/press-releases/white-house-initiative-educational-excellence-hispanics-announces-back-school-te, retrieved September 12, 2013.
2. Homeroom. The Official Blog of the U.S. Department of Education. Education and the Economy. Investing in Our Future. http://www.ed.gov/blog/topic/bustour-2011/, retrieved September 12, 2013.
3. Homeroom. The Official Blog of the U.S. Department of Education. American Jobs Act Will Invest in Education Now. Dave Hoff. September 12, 2011. http://www.ed.gov/blog/2011/09/american-jobs-act-will-invest-in-education-now/, retrieved September 12, 2013.
September 15, 2013: Government Should Stop Promoting the General Welfare
1. Congressional Budget Office. Blog Post. Has the Fundamental Budgetary Challenge Been Addressed? Douglas Elmendorf. September 12, 2013. http://cbo.gov/publication/44577, retrieved September 14, 203.
2. Congressional Budget Office. The Federal Budget: The Deficit is Down But the Fundamental Challenge Remains. Presentation to the Macroeconomic Advisers’ Washington Policy Seminar. September 12, 2013. p. 16.
3. The White House. WEEKLY ADDRESS: Working to Implement the Affordable Care Act. August 17, 2013. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/08/17/weekly-address-working-implement-affordable-care-act,retrieved September 15, 2013.
September 18, 2013: Businesses Join Latinos as Washington Propaganda Tools
1. United States Senate Democrats. Reid Remarks on Immigration Reform. June 19, 2013. http://democrats.senate.gov/2013/06/19/reid-remarks-on-immigration-reform-3/, retrieved September 17, 2013.
2. The White House. American Businesses Support a Path to Citizenship, a Shot at the American Dream. Felicia Escobar. Senior Policy Director for Immigration. August 19, 2013. http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2013/08/19/american-businesses-support-path-citizenship-shot-american-dream, retrieved September 14, 2013.
3. The White House. Readout on the First-Ever White House Hispanic Business Leaders’ Forum. May 29, 2013. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/05/29/readout-first-ever-white-house-hispanic-business-leaders-forum, retrieved September 18, 2013.
4. The White House. American Businesses Support a Path to Citizenship, a Shot at the American Dream. Felicia Escobar. Op. cit.
September 22, 2013: Bipartisan Agreement to Terrorize Taxpayers With the Budget
1. The White House Blog. A Balanced Plan to Avert the Sequester and reduce the Deficit. February 21, 2013. http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2013/02/21/balanced-plan-avert-sequester-and-reduce-deficit, retrieved September 22, 2013.
2. The White House. President Obama on Budget Negotiations: “We Have Now Matched the Number the Speaker Originally Sought.” April 5, 2011. http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/04/05/president-obama-budget-negotiations-we-have-now-matched-number-speaker-originally-so, retrieved September 22, 2013.
3. The White House. WEEKLY ADDRESS: Congress Must Act Now to Pass a Budget and Raise the Debt Ceiling. September 21, 2013. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/09/21/weekly-address-congress-must-act-now-pass-budget-and-raise-debt-ceiling, retrieved September 21, 2013.
4. The U.S. House of Representatives. Committee on Appropriations. House Approves Six-Month Continuing Resolution, Preventing Government Shutdown and Fulfilling Bipartisan Agreement. September 13, 2012. http://appropriations.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID= 308400, retrieved September 22, 2013.
September 27, 2013: The Real Business of Government is Wasting Your Money
1. Government Accountability Office. CORPORATE TAX COMPLIANCE. IRS Should Determine Whether Its Streamlined Corporate Audit Process Is Meeting Its Goals. August 2013. Highlights: What GAO Found.
4. Government Accountability Office. FARM PROGRAMS USDA Needs to Do More to Prevent Improper Payments to Deceased Individuals. June 2013. p. 9
5. Government Accountability Office. FARM PROGRAMS USDA Needs to Do More to Prevent Improper Payments to Deceased Individuals. June 2013. What GAO Found.
6. Government Accountability Office. HOMELAND SECURITY. DHS and TSA Continue to Face Challenges Developing and Acquiring Screening Technologies. May 8, 2013. p. 13.
7. Government Accountability Office. CYBERSECURITY. A Better Defined and Implemented National Strategy Is Needed to Address Persistent Challenges. March 7, 2013. What GAO Found.
8. Government Accountability Office. FEDERAL INFORMATION SECURITY. Mixed Progress in Implementing Program Components; Improved Metrics Needed to Measure Effectiveness. What GAO Found.
September 29, 2013: Will Illegal Farm Workers Be the New DREAMers?
1. United States General Accounting Office. IMMIGRATION REFORM. Potential Impact on West Coast Farm Labor. August 1989. p. 43.
2. Congresswoman Barbara Lee. Congresswoman Barbara Lee Applauds Action to Protect SNAP, House Defeat of Farm Bill. June 20, 2013. http://lee.house.gov/press-release/congresswoman-barbara-lee-applauds-action-protect-snap-house-defeat-farm-bill, retrieved September 29, 2013.
3. Dianne Feinstein. Feinstein to DHS: Halt Prosecutions of Agricultural Employers, Employees. September 4, 2013. http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?ID=3ad9f59c-d459-42c0-9deb-3377c41c0855, retrieved September 28, 2013.
4. The Economics of Commonsense Immigration Reform from the Economic Report of the President 2013. p. 15. http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/fact_sheet_the_economic_case_ for_commonsense_immigration_reform_from_the_erp_2013_final.pdf, retrieved September 28, 2013.
5. Data for fiscal year 2012. United States Department of Agriculture. Food and Nutrition Service. Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program: Average Monthly Participation (Persons) (Data as of September 6, 2013). http://www.fns.usda.gov/pd/15SNAPpartPP.htm, retrieved September 30, 2013.
6. Congressman Luis V. Gutierrez. DACA Deportation Relief for DREAMers Turns One. June 14, 2013. http://gutierrez.house.gov/press-release/daca-deportation-relief-dreamers-turns-one, retrieved September 28, 2013.