May 4, 2014: Poor People Are Behind Obama’s Middle Class Spending
1. The White House. Weekly Address: The President’s Year of Action. May 3, 2014. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/05/03/weekly-address-presidents-year-action, May 3, 2014.
2. The White House. Remarks by the President on Raising the Minimum Wage. April 30, 2014. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/04/30/remarks-president-raising-minimum-wage, retrieved May 4, 2014.
3. U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. Office of The Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation. 2014 Poverty Guidelines. http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/14poverty.cfm, retrieved May 4, 2014.
4. United States Department of Labor. (Work in Progress). The Official Blog of the U.S Department of Labor. Igniting Further Economic Growth. Secretary Tom Perez. May 2, 2014. http://social.dol.gov/blog/igniting-further-economic-growth-3/, retrieved May 4, 2014.
5. The White House, op. cit.
6. U.S. Department of Commerce, Economics and Statistics Administration, for the Office of the Vice President of the United States Middle Class Task Force. Middle Class in America. January 2010. p. 4.
7. Ibid., p. 2.
8. Office of Senator Kirsten Gillibrand. American Opportunity Agenda. Not dated, p. 4. http://www.gillibrand.senate.gov/issues/increase-the-minimum-wage, retrieved May 4, 2014.
May 8, 2014: Immigrants are the Obama Special Interest Group From Hell
1. The White House. Remarks by the President on Immigration. June 15, 2012. http://www.whitehouse.gov/photos-and-video/video/2012/06/15/president-obama-speaks-department-homeland-security-immigration-an#transcript, retrieved May 7, 2014.
2. Speaker of the House John Boehner. Boehner Comments on the Need for Immigration Reform. July 18, 2013. http://www.speaker.gov/video/boehner-comments-need-immigration-reform, retrieved May 7, 2014.
4. U.S. Department of Education. ED.gov. Secretary Duncan and Attorney General Holder Issue Guidance for School Districts to Ensure Equal Access for All Children to Public Schools, Regardless of Immigration Status. May 8, 2014. http://www.ed.gov/news/press-releases/secretary-duncan-and-attorney-general-holder-issue-guidance-school-districts-ens, retrieved May 8, 2014.
5. The White House. Remarks by the President at Cinco de Mayo Reception. May 5, 2014. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/05/05/remarks-president-cinco-de-mayo-reception, retrieved May 7, 2014.
May 11, 2014: Government Control with Threats is Liberal Hypocrisy at its Best
1. Homeland Security. Office of Immigration Statistics. Policy Directorate. Estimates of the Unauthorized Immigrant Population Residing in the United States: January 2010. Michael Hoefer, Nancy Rytina, and Bryan C. Baker. February 2011. p.4.
2. The United States Department of Justice. Attorney General Holder Delivers Remarks o Gidance for School Districts to Ensure Equal Access for All Children to Public Schools, Regardless of Immigration Status. May 8, 2014. http://www.justice.gov/iso/opa/ag/speeches/2014/ag-speech-140508.html, retrieved May 10, 2014.
3. The White House. 24 States Are Refusing to Expand Medicaid. Here’s What That Means for Their Residents. April 3, 2014. http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/medicaid-map, retrieved May 10, 2014.
4. U.S. Department of Education. U.S. Department of Education Releases List of Higher Education Institutions with Open Title IX Sexual Violence Investigations. May 1, 2014. http://www.ed.gov/news/press-releases/us-department-education-releases-list-higher-education-institutions-open-title-i, retrieved May 11, 2014.
6. The White House. Remarks by the First Lady in School Lunch Standards Announcement. January 25, 2012. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/01/25/remarks-first-lady-school-lunch-standards-announcement, retrieved May 11, 2014.
May 15, 2014: Bipartisan Means Benghazi Dead Less Important Than Illegals
1. Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi. Pelosi Sends Letter to Boehner on Proposal for Select Committee on Benghazi. May 9, 2014. http://www.democraticleader.gov/Pelosi_Sends_Letter_Boehner_Select_ Committee_Benghazi, retrieved May 14, 2014.
3. The White House. Daily Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jay Carney and Senior Advisor to the President John Podesta, 05/05/14. May 5, 2014. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/05/05/daily-briefing-press-secretary-jay-carney-and-senior-advisor-president-j, retrieved May 15, 2014.
4. The House Democrats. Chairman Xavier Becerra Votes Against Opening 8th Benghazi Investigation. May 8, 2014. http://www.dems.gov/chairman-xavier-becerra-votes-opening-8th-benghazi-investigation/, retrieved May 15, 2014.
6. The House Democrats. Chairman Xavier Becerra On May Day Actions For Immigration Reform. May 1, 2014. http://www.dems.gov/chairman-xavier-becerra-may-day-actions-immigration-reform/, retrieved May 15, 2014.
8. Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi. Transcript of Pelosi Press Conference Today. May 1, 2014. http://www.democraticleader.gov/Transcript_of_Pelosi_Press_Conference_Today_Minimum_Wage, retrieved May 15, 2014.
May 18, 2014: Middle Class Bailout is Built on Political Slogans
1. The White House. Raise the Wage. www.whitehouse.gov/raise-the-wage, retrieved May 18, 2014.
2. The White House Blog. How the Recovery Act Lifted Millions from Poverty. November 7, 2011. http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/11/07/how-recovery-act-lifted-millions-poverty, retrieved May 18, 2014.
3. The Democratic Whip. Steny Hoyer. Hoyer: Deeply Disappointed House Republicans Continue to Politicize Benghazi Tragedy. May 8, 2014. http://www.democraticwhip.gov/content/hoyer-deeply-disappointed-house-republicans-continue-politicize-benghazi-tragedy, retrieved May 17, 2014.
4. The White House. Middle Class Task Force Holds Town Hall Meeting on the Recovery Act. March 19, 2009. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/middle-class-task-force-holds-town-hall-meeting-recovery-act, retrieved May 18, 2014.
5. Senator Dick Durbin. Senators Durbin, Warren, Reed Introduce Legislation Giving Students a Fair Shot at an Affordable Education. May 6, 2014. http://www.durbin.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/pressreleases?ID=8bbcc20e-c6fb-4266-a7e3-97a827691c43, retrieved May 14, 2014.
May 22, 2014: Veterans Affairs Scandal Will Only Help Politicians
1. John Boehner. Boehner: “Clean up this mess to bring real accountability to the Veterans Administration.” April 3, 2014. http://boehner.house.gov/boehner-clean-up-this-mess-to-bring-real-accountability-to-the-veterans-administration/, retrieved May 21, 2014.
2. The White House. Statement by the President on Veterans Health Care. May 21, 2014. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/05/21/statement-president-veterans-health-care, retrieved May 22, 2014.
3. United States General Accounting Office. High-Risk Series. An Update. January 1999. p. 59.
4. United States Government Accountability Office. VA Health Care. Ongoing and Past Work Identified Access Problems That May Delay Needed Medical Care for Veterans. April 9, 2014. p. 8.
5. United States Government Accountability Office. VA HEALTH CARE. Reliability of Reported Outpatient Medical Appointment Wait Times and Scheduling Oversight Need Improvement. December 2012. p. 1.
6. United States General Accounting Office. VA HEALTH CARE. More National Action Needed to Reduce Waiting Times, but Some Clinics Have Made Progress. August 2001. p. 2.