April 3, 2014: Hard Work Deserves Low Pay, Not a Minimum Wage Increase
1.United States Department of Labor. (Work in Progress) The Official Blog of the U.S. Department of Labor. Secretary Tom Perez. The Best Email I Got Today. March 28, 2014. http://social.dol.gov/blog/the-best-email-i-got-today/, retrieved April 2, 2014.
3. The White House. Weekly Address: Raise The Minimum Wage – It’s The Right Thing To Do For Hardworking Americans. March 29, 2014. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/03/28/weekly-address-raise-minimum-wage-it-s-right-thing-do-hardworking-americ, retrieved April 2, 2014.
4. Congressional Budget Office. The Effects of a Minimum-Wage Increase on Employment and Family Income. February 2014. p. 1.
5. Ibid., p. 2.
April 6, 2014: Raising Taxes in Illinois to Pay for Our Taxpayer Prison
1. Ways and Means Committee Democrats. Illinois County-by-County Breakdown Shows the Harm of Not Extending Unemployment Insurance. http://democrats.waysandmeans.house.gov/illinois-county-county-breakdown-shows-harm-not-extending-unemployment-insurance, retrieved April 6, 2014.
3. Medicaid.gov. State Highlights. States “Fast Track” Medicaid Enrollment. January 2014. http://www.medicaid.gov/AffordableCareAct/Medicaid-Moving-Forward-2014/State-Highlights/state-highlights.html, retrieved April 6, 2014.
4. Congressman Randy Hultgren. Watch: Hultgren Challenges Congress to Get Serious About Debt Crisis. March 25, 2014. http://hultgren.house.gov/press-releases/watch-hultgren-challenges-congress-to-get-serious-about-debt-crisis/, retrieved April 6, 2014.
April 13, 2014: Social Change for Obama Means Keeping America Divided and Angry
1. Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky. On Equal Pay Day, Schakowsky Calls for Passage of the Paycheck Fairness Act. April 8, 2014. http://schakowsky.house.gov/press-releases/on-equal-pay-day-schakowsky-calls-for-passage-of-the-paycheck-fairness-act/, retrieved April 13, 2014.
2. The White House. Remarks by the President at Joint DCCC/DSCC Dinner. April 9, 2014. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/04/09/remarks-president-joint-dcccdscc-dinner, retrieved April 12, 2014.
3. The House Democrats. Chairman Xavier Becerra On Senate Passage of Legislation to Renew Unemployment Insurance. April 7, 2014. http://www.dems.gov/chairman-xavier-becerra-senate-passage-legislation-renew-unemployment-insurance/, retrieved April 13, 2014.
April 19, 2014: Progressive Tax Reform Will Make Government Waste Affordable
1. U.S. House of Representatives. Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. Uncovering Waste, Fraud, and Abuse in the Medicaid Program. April 25, 2012. p. 3.
2. Congressional Progressive Caucus. Progressive Caucus: Time to Renew Unemployment Insurance. April 7, 2014. http://cpc.grijalva.house.gov/press-releases/progressive-caucus-time-to-renew-unemployment-insurance/, retrieved April 20, 2014.
3. Payment Accuracy. Unemployment Insurance (UI). http://www.paymentaccuracy.gov/tracked/ unemployment-insurance-ui-2013, retrieved April 20, 2014.
4. Congressional Progressive Caucus. Progressive Principles for Tax Reform. http://cpc.grijalva.house.gov/progressive-principles-for-tax-reform/, retrieved April 20, 2014.
5. United States Department of Labor. Unemployment Insurance (UI) Improper Payments By State. Illinois. http://www.dol.gov/dol/maps/state/IL.htm, retrieved April 20, 2014.
6. Payment Accuracy. Unemployment Insurance (UI). http://www.paymentaccuracy.gov/tracked/unemployment-insurance-ui-2013, retrieved April 20, 2014.
7. Payment Accuracy. Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). http://www.paymentaccuracy.gov/tracked/ unemployment-insurance-ui-2013, retrieved April 19, 2014.
April 24, 2014: Trust America, Obama’s Nation of Laws, or Felons?
1. The White House. Statement of President Barack Obama on Release of OLC Memos. April 16, 2009. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Statement-of-President-Barack-Obama-on-Release-of-OLC-Memos, retrieved April 23, 2014.
2. The United States Department of Justice. Office of Public Affairs. Announcing New Clemency Initiative, Deputy Attorney General James M. Cole Details Broad New Criteria for Applicants. April 23, 2014. http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2014/April/14-dag-419.html, retrieved April 23, 2014.
3. The White House. Statement by the President on Clemency. December 19, 2013. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/12/19/statement-president-clemency, retrieved April 23, 2014.
4. The United States Department of Justice. The Justice Blog. Tony West, Associate Attorney General. Reentry and the Affordable Care Act. April 17, 2014. http://blogs.justice.gov/main/archives/3615, retrieved April 25, 2014.
5. The United States Department of Justice. Attorney General Eric Holder Delivers Remarks on Criminal Justice Reform at Georgetown University Law Center. February 11, 2014. http://www.justice.gov/ iso/opa/ag/speeches/2014/ag-speech-140211.html, April 24, 2014.
April 27, 2014: Tea Party Is the Answer to What Republicans Hate
1. Speaker of the House John Boehner. Boehner Marks First Anniversary of Tea Party Movement. February 25, 2010. http://www.speaker.gov/press-release/boehner-marks-first-anniversary-tea-party-movement, retrieved April 27, 2014.
2. The White House. Remarks by the President at DCCC Dinner – Miami, FL. March 20, 2014. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/03/20/remarks-president-dccc-dinner-miami-fl, retrieved April 27, 2014.