September 30, 2012: Deferred Action Deportation Order Flaunts the Genius of Obama
1. The White House. Office of the Press Secretary. Remarks by the President on Immigration. June 15, 2012. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/06/15/remarks-president-immigration, retrieved September 30, 2012.
2. United States Department of Labor. News Release. Statement by Secretary of Labor Hilda L. Solis on deferred action process for young people who are low enforcement priorities. June 15, 2012. http://www.dol.gov/opa/media/press/opa/OPA20121265.htm, retrieved September 29, 2012.
September 28, 2012: Tyranny Funds Food Security for Those Who Despise Us
1. United States Government Accountability Office. INTERNATIONAL FOOD ASSISTANCE. Improved Targeting Would Help Enable USAID to Reach Vulnerable Groups. September 2012. p. 1. Note: 2011 data from USAID was preliminary at the time this report was released.
3. U.S. Department of State. Humanitarian Assistance to Yemen. Special Briefing. Kelly Clements. Deputy Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration. May 21, 2012. http://www.state.gov/j/prm/releases/remarks/2012/190515.htm, retrieved September 27, 2012.
4. United States Government Accountability Office. Op. cit. p. 5.
5. U.S. Department of Agriculture. Economic Research Service. Household Food Security in the United States in 2011. Alisha Coleman-Jensen, Mark Nord, Margaret Andrews, and Steven Carlson. September 2012. Summary. pp. 1-2.
6. United States Department of Agriculture. National Institute of Food and Agriculture. Communities at Risk. http://www.csrees.usda.gov/ProgViewOverview.cfm?prnum=18744, retrieved September 28, 2012.
7. United States Government Accountability Office. Op. cit. p. 1.
September 27, 2012: Extremism Takes Courage the Republican Party is Lacking
1. United States Senator for Nevada Harry Reid. Reid: Republicans Should Put Aside Ideological Extremism, Cooperate With Democrats to Create Jobs. May 10, 2012. http://www.reid.senate.gov/newsroom/pr_051012_eximjobs.cfm, retrieved September 25, 2012.
2. United States Government Accountability Office. GRANTS TO STATE AND LOCAL GOVERNMENTS. An Overview of Federal Funding Levels and Selected Challenges. September 2012. p. 7.
3. Bernie Sanders. U.S. Senator for Vermont. A Progressive Deficit Reduction Plan. September 11, 2012. http://www.sanders.senate.gov/newsroom/news/?id=a20566d5-8292-4fc6-ac0a-f10d4bbc7edb, retrieved September 25, 2012.
4. Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi. Economic Justice. http://www.democraticleader.gov/ issues?id=0069, retrieved September 26, 2012.
September 23, 2012: Worries Over Illegals Committing Voter Fraud Miss the Point
1. Committee on House Administration. Democratic Office. Gonzalez Condemns Reckless Accusations That Threaten Citizens’ Voting Rights. http://democrats.cha.house.gov/press-release/subcommitte-elections-ranking-member-charles-gonzalez-condemns-reckless-accusations, retrieved September 23, 2012.
3. Department of Homeland Security. ICE. Previously deported criminal alien pleads guilty to voter fraud, illegal reentry and falsely claiming US citizenship. September 7, 2012. http://www.ice.gov/news/releases/1209/120907sandiego.htm, retrieved September 23, 2012.
4. The United States Attorney’s Office. Southern District of Florida. Press Release. Plantation Man Pleads Guilty to Voter-Fraud and Firearms-Related False Statements Charges. August 30, 2012. http://www.justice.gov/usao/fls/PressReleases/120830-01.html, retrieved September 23, 2012.
5. Department of justice. Fact Sheet: the Department of Justice Public Corruption Efforts. March 27, 2008. http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2008/March/08_ag_246.html, retrieved September 22, 2012.
6. United States Government Accountability Office. DRIVER’S LICENSE SECURITY. Federal Leadership Needed to Address Remaining Vulnerabilities. September 2012. p. 3.
7. Ibid., p. 22.
8. United States Department of Justice. The United States Attorney’s Office. District of New Jersey. Twenty-Two Charged For Multi-state Scheme To Obtain Real Driver’s Licenses With Fraudulent Documents. June 27, 2012. http://www.justice.gov/usao/nj/Press/files/Park,%20Young-Kyu%20et%20al%20Arrests%20News%20Release.html, retrieved September 22, 2012.
9. U.S. Government Accountability Office, op. cit., Highlights.
10. Congressional Hispanic Caucus. CHC on Gov. Brewer’s Executive Order. August 16, 2012. http://chc-gonzalez.house.gov/press-release/chc-gov-brewer%E2%80%99s-executive-order, retrieved September 23, 2012.
September 21, 2012: Appeasement Policy Shows Tolerance for the Violence of Muslims
1. The White House. Office of the Press Secretary. Remarks by the President at Transfer of Remains Ceremony for Benghazi Victims. September 14, 2012. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/09/14/remarks-president-transfer-remains-ceremony-benghazi-victims, retrieved September 20, 2012.
3. The White House. Office of the Press Secretary. Remarks by the President in Address to the Nation on Libya. March 28, 2011. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/03/28/remarks-president-address-nation-libya, retrieved September 21, 2012.
September 20, 2012: Deluded Social Policy Makes Fools of the Middle Class
1. United States Department of Agriculture. Office of Inspector General. Recovery Act Impacts on the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. June 1, 2012. p. 1.
3. Recovery.gov. Track the money. Breakdown of Funds Paid Out. http://www.recovery.gov/Transparency/fundingoverview/Pages/fundingbreakdown.aspx, retrieved August 19, 2012.
September 16, 2012: Why Give Muslim Countries Confidence in an American Decline?
1. The White House. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta Reaffirms U.S. Commitment to Israel in Speech to AIPAC Policy Conference. March 12, 2012. http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/03/06/defense-secretary-leon-panetta-reaffirms-us-commitment-israel-speech-aipac-policy-co, retrieved September 16, 2012.
2. U.S. Senator John McCain. Press Releases. Statement by Senators McCain and Lieberman Regarding U.S. Policy On Libya. March 11, 2011. http://mccain.senate.gov/public /index.cfm?FuseAction= PressOffice.PressReleases&ContentRecord_id=a69de0cf-e6c6-0663-91e4-ddfe9e4513d3&Region_id=&Issue_id=, retrieved March 24, 2011.
3. U.S. Senator John McCain. Statement by Senators McCain, Lieberman and Graham on Attack on U.S. Consulate in Benghazi. September 12, 2012. http://www.mccain.senate.gov/public/index.cfm? FuseAction=PressOffice.PressReleases&ContentRecord_id=bac1e2b5-d0b6-cf25-a96d-6db0fa7a374e, retrieved September 16, 2012.
5. The White House. Office of the Press Secretary. Remarks by the President on the Deaths of U.S. Embassy Staff in Libya. September 12, 2012. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/09/12/remarks-president-deaths-us-embassy-staff-libya, retrieved September 16, 2012.
September 14, 2012: Why Teachers Crazed for Higher Pay Are Still Better Than You
1. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Real Earnings – July 2012. August 15, 2012. p. 1.
September 13, 2012: Add Xenophobia to Our List of American Values
1. The White House. Office of the Press Secretary. Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jay Carney, 1/31/12. January 31, 2012. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/01/31/press-briefing-press-secretary-jay-carney-13112, retrieved September 11, 2012.
2. The White House. Office of the Press Secretary. Remarks by the President on Comprehensive Immigration Reform in El Paso, Texas. May 10, 2011. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/05/10/remarks-president-comprehensive-immigration-reform-el-paso-texas, retrieved September 11, 2012.
3. U.S. Government Accountability Office. BORDER SECURITY. State Could Enhance Visa Fraud Prevention by Strategically Using Resources and Training. September 2012. p. 8.
4. Ibid., p. 14.
5. Ibid., p. 15.
September 9, 2012: Blighted Fiscal Policy Travels From Illinois to the Oval Office
1. The White House. Office of the Press Secretary. Remarks by the President at a Campaign Event – Toledo, OH. September 3, 2012. http://www.whitehouse.gov/ the-press-office/2012/09/03/remarks-president-campaign-event-toledo-oh, retrieved September 9, 2012.
September 2, 2012: Jobless Older Workers are Worthless in the Obama Economy
1. United States Government Accountability Office. Unemployed Older Workers. Many Face Long-Term Jobless and Reduced Retirement Security. May 15, 2012. p. 5.
2. Archived Bureau of Labor Statistics Employment Situation releases, August 2011 and July 2012.
3. United States Government Accountability Office. Unemployed Older Workers. Many Face Long-Term Jobless and Reduced Retirement Security. May 15, 2012. p. 5.
4. The White House. Office of the Press Secretary. White House Announces Details on President’s Plan to Provide Americans with Job Training and Employment Services. March 12, 2012. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/03/12/white-house-announces-details-president-s-plan-provide-americans-job-tra, retrieved September 1, 2012.
6. United States Department of Labor. Remarks for the Honorable Hilda L. Solis Universal Displaced Workers Program Call. March 12, 2012. http://www.dol.gov/_sec/media/speeches/20120312_UDWP.htm, retrieved September 1, 2012.
7. Congressional Research Service. Long-Term Unemployment and Recessions. Gerald Mayer, Linda Levine. April 14, 2010. Summary.
8. Ibid., p. 9
9. United States Government Accountability Office. Op. cit., p. 7.
10. Ibid., p. 11.
Leave a Reply