March 27, 2013: Guaranteed Hourly Wage Scam Burns Working Families
1. United States Senate Democrats. Democrats Fight to Raise Minimum Wage. June 29, 2006. http://democrats.senate.gov/2006/06/29/democrats-fight-to-raise-minimum-wage/, retrieved March 26, 2013.
2. United States Department of Labor. Minimum Wage is a Women’s Issue. March 8, 2013. http://social.dol.gov/blog/minimum-wage-is-a-womens-issue/, retrieved March 27, 2013.
3. Congressman Kenny Marchant. House Passes SKILLS Act. March 15, 2013. http://marchant.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=324148, retrieved March 27, 2013.
4. Bureau of labor Statistics. TED: The Editor’s Desk. Minimum wage workers account for 4.7 percent of hourly paid workers in 2012. March 25, 2013. http://bls.gov/opub/ted/2013/ted_20130325.htm, retrieved March 26, 2013.
6. The White House. Fact Sheet: The President’s Plan to Reward Work by Raising the Minimum Wage. February 13, 2013. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/02/13/fact-sheet-president-s-plan-reward-work-raising-minimum-wage, retrieved March 26, 2013.
March 24, 2013: If America Was Muslim, Foreign Relations Would be Easy
1. The White House. President Obama and President Peres of Israel Speak at State Dinner. March 21, 2013. http://www.whitehouse.gov/photos-and-video/video/2013/03/21/president-obama-and-president-peres-israel-speak-state-dinner#transcript, retrieved March 24, 2013.
2. U. S. Department of State. Remarks With Qatari Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani After Their Meeting. March 5, 2013. http://www.state.gov/secretary/ remarks/2013/03/205671.htm, retrieved March 24, 2013.
3. The White House. Op. cit.
March 17, 2013: The Dumbest Reason Yet to Pardon Illegals
1. Homeland Security. Written testimony of U.S. Customs and Border Protection U.S. Border Patrol Chief Michael Fisher and Office of Field Operations Acting Assistant Commissioner Kevin McAleenan for a House Committee on Homeland Security, Subcommittee on Border and Maritime Security hearing titled “What Does a Secure Border Look Like?” February 26, 2013. http://www.dhs.gov/news/2013/02/26/written-testimony-us-customs-and-border-protection-house-committee-homeland-security , retrieved March 17, 2013.
3. Committee on Homeland Security. Subcommittee on Border and Maritime Security to Examine What Constitutes a Secure Border. February 25, 2013. http://homeland.house.gov/press-release/subcommittee-border-and-maritime-security-examine-what-constitutes-secure-border, retrieved March 17, 2013.
4. Homeland Security. Working Together With Law Enforcement on Comprehensive Immigration Reform. February 6, 2013. http://www.dhs.gov/blog/2013/02/06/working-together-law-enforcement-comprehensive-immigration-reform, retrieved March 17, 2013.
March 10, 2013: Fiscal Conservatives Will Owe This Debt of Gratitude to Obama
1. Congressional Research Service. Votes on Measures to Adjust the Statutory Debt Limit, 1978 to Present. Justin Murray. February 15, 2013. p. 1.
2. GOP.gov. About the Sequester – The Three Things you need to know. http://www.gop.gov/sequester/, retrieved March 10, 2013.
March 8, 2013: This Conservative Tip Will Create Effective Teachers
1. The White House. New Report Highlights Impacts of Teacher Layoffs, Need to Invest in Education. August 18, 2012. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/08/18/new-report-highlights-impacts-teacher-layoffs-need-invest-education, retrieved March 7, 2013.
2. The White House. Remarks by the President on the Sequester February 19, 2013. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/02/19/remarks-president-sequester, retrieved March 7, 2013.
3. The Equity and Excellence Commission. A Report to the Secretary. For Each and Every Child. A Strategy for Education Equity and Excellence. February 2, 2013. p. 23.
March 6, 2013: Campaign for More Tax Revenue Turns Anti-American
1. The White House. Remarks by the President on the Impact of the Sequester – Newport News, VA. February 26, 2013. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/02/26/remarks-president-impact-sequester-newport-news-va, retrieved March 6, 2013.
2. Homeland Security. Written testimony of U.S. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano for a Senate Committee on Appropriations hearing titled “The Impacts of Sequestration.” February 14, 2013. http://www.dhs.gov/news/2013/02/14/written-testimony-secretary-napolitano-senate-committee-appropriations-hearing, retrieved March 4, 2013.
3. United States Government Accountability Office. Aviation Security. 9/11 Anniversary Observations on TSA’s Progress and Challenges in Strengthening Aviation Security. September 11, 2012. Highlights. What GAO Found.
4. United States Government Accountability Office. Transportation Security Administration. Progress and Challenges Faced in Strengthening Three Key Security Programs. Highlights. What GAO Found. March 26, 2012.
5. United States Government Accountability Office. Report to Congressional Addressees. Opportunities to Reduce Potential Duplication in Government Programs, Save Tax Dollars, and Enhance Revenue. March 2011. p. 158.
6. United States Government Accountability Office. Transportation Security Administration. Progress and Challenges Faced in Strengthening Three Key Security Programs. Op. cit.
8. United States Government Accountability Office. Aviation Security. 9/11 Anniversary Observations on TSA’s Progress and Challenges in Strengthening Aviation Security. Op. Cit.
March 3, 2013: A Boondoggle Bill to Stamp Out Government Waste
1. Democratic Policy & Communications Center. Reid Statement on Introduction of Cybersecurity Bill. February 14, 2012. http://www.dpcc.senate.gov/?p=news&id=103, retrieved March 3, 2013.
2. The White House. Weekly Address: Protecting the American People with New Wall Street Reforms. October 27, 2012. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/10/27/weekly-address-protecting-american-people-new-wall-street-reforms, retrieved March 3, 2013.
3. Government Accountability Office. Financial Regulatory Reform. Financial Crisis Losses and Potential Impacts of the Dodd-Frank Act. January 2013. p. 77.
5. Payment Accuracy. National School Lunch Program (NSLP). http://www.paymentaccuracy.gov/ programs/national-school-lunch-program, retrieved March 3, 2013.
March 1, 2013: Will States Revolt Against the Obama Underclass?
1. The White House Blog. A Balanced Plan to Avert the Sequester and Reduce the Deficit. Jennifer Palimieri. February 21 2013. http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2013/02/21/balanced-plan-avert-sequester-and-reduce-deficit, retrieved March 1, 2013.
2. The White House. Impact of March 1st Cuts on Middle Class Families, Jobs and Economic Security: North Carolina. http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/sequester-factsheets/North-Carolina.pdf, retrieved February 28, 2013.
3. The White House Blog. What Is the Sequester? February 22, 2013. http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2013/02/22/what-sequester#states, retrieved February 28, 2013.