January 30, 2013: Our Civic Duties Are Lost on Illegals and Politicians
1. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Citizenship Rights and Responsibilities. http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.749cabd81f5ffc8fba713d10526e0aa0/?vgnextoid=39d2df6bdd42a210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=39d2df6bdd42a210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD, retrieved January 29, 2013.
January 27, 2013: Religious Tolerance Makes Us Suckers for Islamic Extremism
1. John Kerry. Kerry Statement at US-Muslim Relations Hearing. February 26, 2009. http://www.kerry.senate.gov/press/speeches/speech/?id=62eb0ac0-1f11-4663-901d-db41be98dd12, retrieved January 26, 2013.
2. Government Accountability Office. Actions Needed to Enhance Implementation of Trans-Sahara Counterterrorism Partnership. July 2008. Highlights. Why GAO Did This Study.
3. Ibid., p. 15.
4. U.S. Department of State. Remarks at a UN Secretary General Meeting on the Sahel. September 26, 2012. http://www.state.gov/secretary/rm/2012/09/198233.htm, retrieved January 27, 2013.
5. Government Accountability Office. Information on U.S. Agencies’ Efforts to Address Islamic Extremism. September 2005. Highlights. What GAO Found.
7. John Kerry, op. cit.
January 25, 2013: Seek the Public Trust: Don’t Screw Middle America
1. Government Accountability Office. IMPROPER PAYMENTS. Remaining Challenges and Strategies for Governmentwide Reduction Efforts. March 28, 2012. Highlights Page: What GAO Found.
2. PaymentAccuracy.gov. High-Error Programs. http://paymentaccuracy.gov/high-priority-programs, retrieved January 24, 2013.
3. Internal Revenue Service. IRS Releases New Tax Gap Estimates; Compliance Rates Remain Statistically Unchanged From Previous Study. January 6, 2012. http://www.irs.gov/uac/IRS-Releases-New-Tax-Gap-Estimates;-Compliance-Rates-Remain-Statistically-Unchanged-From-Previous-Study, retrieved January 24, 2013.
January 23, 2013: We Need Radical Republicans, Not More GOP Political Games
1. John Boehner. Republicans Pledge to Repeal ObamaCare, Protect American Jobs. October 15, 2010. http://boehner.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=212052, retrieved January 22, 2013.
2. Speaker of the House John Boehner. Weekly Republican Address: Rep. James Lankford on Democrats’ Budget Failures. January 18, 2013. http://www.speaker.gov/video/weekly-republican-address-rep-james-lankford-democrats-budget-failures, retrieved January 21, 2013.
3. The White House. Inaugural Address by President Barack Obama. January 21, 2013. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/01/21/inaugural-address-president-barack-obama, retrieved January 22, 2013.
January 20, 2013: Make Way for Illegals! Obama Will Sell Out the Jobless in 2013.
1. The White House. Office of the Press Secretary. Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jay Carney, 1/15/2013. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/01/15/press-briefing-press-secretary-jay-carney-1152013, retrieved January 19, 2013.
2. United States Department of Labor. News Release. Statement of Labor Secretary Hilda L. Solis on December employment numbers. January 4, 2013. http://www.dol.gov/opa/media/press/opa/OPA20130026.htm, retrieved January 20, 2013.
3. United States Department of Labor. The Official Blog of the U.S. Department of Labor. Today, We Serve. Secretary Hilda Solis. January 19, 2013. http://social.dol.gov/blog/, retrieved January 20, 2013.
4. Congressman Luis V. Gutierrez. Rep. Gutierrez Hires “Deferred Action” Recipient for Chicago Office. January 15, 2013. http://gutierrez.house.gov/press-release/rep-gutierrez-hires-deferred-action-recipient-chicago-office, retrieved January 19, 2013.
6. The White House. Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jay Carney, 1/15/2013. Op. cit.
January 18, 2013: Is Collapse of Partisanship the Real Lie of Obama Leadership?
1. The White House. Statement by the President on the Fiscal Cliff. December 21, 2012. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/12/21/statement-president-fiscal-cliff, retrieved January 17, 2013.
2. The White House. Remarks by the President. July 22, 2011. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/07/22/remarks-president, retrieved January 17, 2013.
3. The White House. Weekly Address: Working Together in the New Year to Grow Our Economy and Shrink Our Deficits. January 4, 2013. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/01/05/weekly-address-working-together-new-year-grow-our-economy-and-shrink-our, retrieved January 17, 2013.
4. The White House. Remarks by the President. Op. cit.
January 16, 2013: Freedoms Democrats Take Away Are Not Coming Back
1. The Office of Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer. Hoyer Introduces Bipartisan Bill to Repeal 22nd Amendment. February 17, 2005. http://www.democraticwhip.gov/content/hoyer-introduces-bipartisan-bill-repeal-22nd-amendment, retrieved January 6, 2013.
2. The White House. We the People. Your Voice in Our Government. A Message from President Obama about Your Petition on Reducing Gun Violence. Bruce Reed, Chief of Staff, Vice President Biden. https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/response/message-president-obama-about-your-petition-reducing-gun-violence, retrieved January 15, 2013.
4. The White House Blog. Vice President Biden Meets with Groups to Discuss Violence Prevention. January 10, 2013. http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2013/01/10/vice-president-biden-meets-groups-discuss-violence-prevention, retrieved January 15, 2013.
5. Greenwood, Max. “Judge dismisses most of Trump administration lawsuit over California immigration laws.” The Hill. July 9, 2018. http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/396210-judge-dismisses-most-of-trump-administration-lawsuit-over-california, retrieved July 22, 2018.
6. “Hastings Urges Florida Secretary of State to Secure Florida’s Election System Ahead of the 2018 Midterm Elections.” Alcee L. Hastings. April 10, 2018. https://alceehastings.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=398949, retrieved November 11, 2018.
7. “Rep. Frankel Statement on Continued Vote Counting in South Florida.” Lois Frankel. November 9, 2018. https://frankel.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx? DocumentID=830, retrieved November 11, 2018.
8. “Congresswoman Frederica S. Wilson’s Statement on Election Recount Resistance by Rubio and Scott.” Frederica S. Wilson. November 9, 2018. https://wilson.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/congresswoman-frederica-s-wilson-s-statement-on-election-recount, retrieved November 11, 2018.
January 13, 2013: Obama Illegal Immigration Policy Scorns Our Nation of Laws
1. The White House. Office of the Press Secretary. Remarks by the President to the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute 34th Annual Awards Gala. September 14, 2011. http://www.whitehouse.gov/ the-press-office/2011/09/14/remarks-president-congressional-hispanic-caucus-institute-34th-annual-aw, retrieved January 12, 2013.
2. Homeland Security. Office of Immigration Statistics. Population Estimates. Estimates of the Unauthorized Immigrant Population Residing in the United States: January 2011. Michael Hoefer, Nancy Rytina, and Bryan Baker. March 2012. p. 5.
3. The White House. Deferred Action Process for Certain Young People: Smart and Sensible Immigration Policy. June 15, 2012. http://www.whitehouse.gov/ blog/2012/06/15/deferred-action-process-certain-young-people-smart-and-sensible-immigration-policy, retrieved January 13, 2013.
4. The White House. Remarks by the President to the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute 34th Annual Awards Gala. Op. cit.
6. Federal Register. Provisional Unlawful Presence Waivers of Inadmissibility for Certain Immediate Relatives. January 3, 2013. https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2013/01/03/2012-31268/ provisional-unlawful-presence-waivers-of-inadmissibility-for-certain-immediate-relatives#h-9, retrieved January 12, 2013.
January 6, 2013: Refusal to Pass Term Limits Bill Mocks Our Public Trust
1. Congressman Reid Ribble. Ribble Introduces Term Limits Bill. February 7, 2012. http://ribble.house.gov/press-release/ribble-introduces-term-limits-bill, retrieved January 5, 2013.
2. The Office of Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer. Hoyer Introduces Bipartisan Bill to Repeal 22nd Amendment. February 17, 2005. http://www.democraticwhip.gov/content/hoyer-introduces-bipartisan-bill-repeal-22nd-amendment, retrieved January 6, 2013.
4. United States Senate Democrats. INSIDER TRADING. Reid Statement on the STOCK Act. February 2, 2012. http://democrats.senate.gov/tag/insider-trading/, retrieved January 6, 2013.
5. United States Senator for Nevada Harry Reid. Sen. Reid Addresses Nevada State Legislature. February 23, 2011. http://www.reid.senate.gov/newsroom/reidnvlegspeech2011.cfm, retrieved January 6, 2013.
January 4, 2013: Contenders for Worst State Show Where Obama Tax Plan Is Headed
1. The White House. Office of the Press Secretary. Statement from the President on the Senate Deal to Extend Middle Class Tax Cuts. January 1, 2013. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/01/01/statement-president-senate-deal-extend-middle-class-tax-cuts, retrieved January 3, 2013.
2. Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi. Pelosi: Congress Acts to Protect the Middle Class. January 1, 2013. http://pelosi.house.gov/news/press-releases/2013/01/pelosi-congress-acts-to-protect-the-middle-class.shtml, retrieved January 3, 2013.
3. Dick Durbin. Sharing Stories of Illinoisans Urging Extension of Middle Class Tax Cuts. December 12, 2012. http://durbin.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/videos?ID=4efe22cb-4303-4852-a906-fd22da9d30d0, retrieved January 3, 2013.
4. RECOVERY.Gov. TRACK THE MONEY. Funding for Federal Contracts, Grants, and Loans. http://www.recovery.gov/Pages/default.aspx, retrieved January 4, 2013.
January 2, 2013: Beliefs and American Ideals our Government Killed Off in 2012
1. The Office of Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer. Hoyer: Republican Rejection of Bipartisan STEM Visa Bill a Lost Opportunity for America. http://www.democraticwhip.gov/content/hoyer-republican-rejection-bipartisan-stem-visa-bill-lost-opportunity-america, retrieved January 1, 2013.
2. The White House. Startup America. Reducing Barriers and Making Government Work for Entrepreneurs. Department of Homeland Security Announces New Initiatives for Immigrant Entrepreneurs. http://www.whitehouse.gov/economy/business/startup-america/commitments, retrieved January 1, 2013.