January 1, 2012: The Most Dangerous Political Trend of 2011
1. The White House. Office of the Press Secretary. Weekly Address: Working Together in the New Year to Move America Forward. December 31, 2011. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/12/31/weekly-address-working-together-new-year-move-america-forward, retrieved December 31, 2011.
2. Homeland Security. Study in the States. About. http://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/about/, retrieved January 1, 2012.
3. The White House. Weekly Address, op. cit.
January 8, 2012: Will Military Cuts Help Pay Off State Pension Debt?
1. Congressional Budget Office. The Military Retirement System: Options for Change. January 1978.
2. Defense Business Board. Report to the Secretary of Defense. Modernizing the Military Retirement System. Report FY11-05. Recommendations to optimize the Department’s military retirement system. p. 3.
3. Joint Economic Committee Republicans. States of Bankruptcy. December 8, 2011. p. 4.
4. Ibid., p. 6.
January 15, 2012: Obama Sells Us the 21st Century but Never Delivers the Goods
1. Congressional Budget Office. H.R. 1, American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. Cost estimate for the conference agreement for H.R. 1. February 13, 2009. http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/99xx/doc9989/hr1conference.pdf, retrieved January 14, 2012.
2. The White House. The Recovery Act. http://www.whitehouse.gov/recovery/about, retrieved January 14, 2012.
3. The White House. Office of the Press Secretary. Remarks by the President at a Campaign Event. January 11, 2012. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/01/11/remarks-president-campaign-event, retrieved January 15, 2012.
4. The White House. The Recovery Act. The Recovery Bill. http://www.whitehouse.gov/recovery/about, retrieved January 14, 2012.
5. The White House. Office of the Press Secretary. Fact Sheet and Overview. September 8, 2011. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/09/08/fact-sheet-and-overview, retrieved January 15, 2012.
6. The White House. Office of the Press Secretary. Remarks by the President on Economic Growth and Deficit Reduction. September 19, 2011. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/09/19/remarks-president-economic-growth-and-deficit-reduction, retrieved January 14, 2012.
7. U.S. Department of Homeland Security. The Beacon. The Official Blog of USCIS. USCIS Proposes Regulatory Change to Decrease the Time U.S. Citizens are Separated from Family Members who are Legally Immigrating to the U.S. http://blog.uscis.gov/, January 6, 2012.
8. The White House. Office of the Press Secretary. Government Reorganization Fact Sheet. January 13, 2012.
January 19, 2012: Taxing Amnesty: How We Can Make Money from Illegal Immigration
1. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. FY 2011: ICE announces year-end removal numbers, highlights focus on key priorities including threats to public safety and national security. October 18, 2011. http://www.ice.gov/news/releases/1110/ 111018washingtondc.htm, retrieved January 16, 2012.
2. Department of Homeland Security. Office of Inspector General. Detention and Removal of Illegal Aliens. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Office of Audits. OIG-06-33. April 2006. p. 24.
January 22, 2012: Union-Happy Democrats Should Shut Up About Election Spending
1. The White House. Office of the Press Secretary. Remarks by the President on the DISCLOSE Act. July 26, 2010. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/remarks-president-disclose-act, retrieved January 22, 2012.
2. Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi. Pelosi Statement on the Second Anniversary of the Citizens United Decision. January 20, 2012. http://pelosi.house.gov/news/press-releases/2012/01/pelosi-statement-on-the-second-anniversary-of-the-citizens-united-decision.shtml, retrieved January 21, 2012.
3. Bernie Sanders U.S. Senator for Vermont. Citizens United Turns 2. January 20, 2012. http://sanders.senate.gov/newsroom/news/?id=54035172-d190-4e40-8610-fc3edfc16303, retrieved January 21, 2012.
4. Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky. AFL-CIO: Bill Would Ensure Very Wealthy Pay Fair Share of Taxes. Posted by Mike Hall. March 16, 2011. http://schakowsky.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2882:afl-cio-bill-would-ensure-very-wealthy-pay-fair-share-of-taxes&catid=6:in-the-news&Itemid=17, retrieved January 21, 2012.
January 26, 2012: Obama Ruins Arne Duncan’s Lesson in Democracy
1. Ed.gov. U.S. Department of Education. Secretary Arne Duncan’s Remarks at “For Democracy’s Future” Forum at the White House. January 10, 2012. http://www.ed.gov/news/speeches/secretary-arne-duncans-remarks-democracys-future-forum-white-house, retrieved January 24, 2012.
2. Homeroom. The Official Blog of the U.S. Department of Education. Civic Learning: Renewing Our Sense of Who We Are. Cameron Brenchley. January 11, 2012. http://www.ed.gov/blog/2012/01/civic-learning-renewing-our-sense-of-who-we-are/, retrieved January 23, 2012.
3. U.S. Department of Education. Advancing Student Achievement Through Labor-Management Collaboration. Remarks of Arne Duncan at Labor-Management Collaboration Conference. February 15, 2011. http://www.ed.gov/news/speeches/advancing-student-achievement-through-labor-management-collaboration, retrieved September 8, 2011.
January 29, 2012: The Lie Behind the President’s American Promise
1. The White House. Office of the Press Secretary. Remarks by the President in State of the Union Address. January 24, 2012. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/01/24/remarks-president-state-union-address, retrieved January 28, 2012.
3. Change.gov. The Office of the President-Elect. The Agenda. http://change.gov/agenda/, retrieved January 28, 2012.
4. Change.gov. The Office of the President-Elect. The Agenda. http://change.gov/agenda/family_agenda/, retrieved January 28, 2012.
5. The White House, op. cit.