July 29, 2012: Voter ID Fraud Denied by Democrats as Identity Mills Thrive
1. Committee on House Administration Democratic Office. Gonzalez on Texas Voter ID Law Hearing. July 10, 2012. http://democrats.cha.house.gov/press-release/gonzalez-texas-voter-id-law-hearing, retrieved July 28, 2012.
2. Office of Democratic Whip Steny H. Hoyer. House Democrats Introduce Voter Empowerment Act. May 17, 2012. http://www.democraticwhip.gov/content/ house-democrats-introduce-voter-empowerment-act, retrieved July 29, 2012.
3. Ibid., text from bill summary PDF.
4. U.S. Department of Homeland Security. ICE. 22 charged in multi-state scheme to obtain real driver’s licenses with fraudulent documents. June 27, 2012. http://www.ice.gov/news/releases/1206/120627newark.htm, retrieved July 29, 2012.
5. U.S. Department of Homeland Security. ICE. 30 sought in illegal driver’s license scheme. June 21, 2012. http://www.ice.gov/news/releases/1206/120621charleston.htm, retrieved July 29, 2012.
6. Homeland Security. ICE. Leader and co-conspirator in Baltimore document mill sentenced for manufacturing and selling fake identification documents. July 20, 2012. http://www.ice.gov/news/releases/1207/120720baltimore2.htm, retrieved July 29, 2012.
July 27, 2012: Disinformation over Immigration Should Infuriate Legal Immigrants
1. ED.gov. U.S. Department of Education. U.S. Secretary of Education Lauds President Obama’s Immigration Announcement on Thirtieth Anniversary of Plyler v. Doe. June 15, 2012. http://www.ed.gov/news/press-releases/ us-secretary-education-lauds-president-obamas-immigration-announcement-thirtieth, retrieved July 26, 2012.
2. The White House Blog. Ten Ways Immigrants Help Build and Strengthen our Economy. Jason Furman, Danielle Gray. July 12, 2012. http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/07/12/ten-ways-immigrants-help-build-and-strengthen-our-economy, retrieved July 25, 2012.
July 26, 2012: Can Big Government Control Save Us From Cyber Terrorism?
1. United States Government Accountability Office. Cyber security. Threats Impacting the Nation. Statement of Gregory C. Wilshusen, Director of Information Security Issues. April 24, 2012. Summary: What GAO Found.
2. Ibid., p. 6.
3. Ibid., What GAO Found.
4. Senator Joe Lieberman. Lieberman, Collins, Rockefeller, Feinstein, Carper Offer Revised Legislation to Improve Security of our Most Critical Private-Sector Cyber Systems. July 19, 2012. http://www.lieberman.senate.gov/index.cfm/news-events/news/2012/7/lieberman-collins-rockefeller-feinstein-carper-offer-revised-legislation-to-improve-security-of-our-most-critical-privatesector-cyber-systems, retrieved July 21, 2012.
5. The White House. Office of the Press Secretary. Op-ed by President Obama: Taking the Cyberattack Threat Seriously. July 19, 2012. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/07/19/op-ed-president-obama-taking-cyberattack-threat-seriously, retrieved July 24, 2012.
7. Senator Joe Lieberman. Op. cit.
July 22, 2012: Leadership Crisis, Government Debt Cripple U.S. Influence
1. The White House. Office of the Press Secretary. Remarks by the President on a New Beginning. June 4, 2009. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/remarks-president-cairo-university-6-04-09, retrieved July 22, 2012.
July 20, 2012: Homeland Security Strategy Should Dump Job Creation
1. Government Accountability Office. General Aviation Security. TSA’s Process for Ensuring Foreign Flight Students Do Not Pose a Security Risk Has Weaknesses. July 18, 2012. p. 4.
2. Government Accountability Office. General Aviation Security. Weaknesses Exist in TSA’s Process for Ensuring Foreign Flight Students Do Not Pose a Security Threat. July 2012. p. 20.
3. Homeland Security. Secretary Napolitano Highlights Strengthened Aviation Security and Stimulus Provided to Local Economies on Recovery Act Anniversary. February 17, 2010. http://www.dhs.gov/ynews/releases/ pr_1266438869797.shtm, retrieved July 19, 2012.
4. Homeland Security. Readout of Secretary Napolitano’s Meeting with Southwest Border Officials at the White House. November 16, 2011. http://www.dhs.gov/ynews/releases/20111116-napolitano-meeting-southwest-border-officials.shtm, retrieved July 19, 2012.
5. Homeland Security. DHS Reforms To Attract And Retain Highly Skilled Immigrants. January 31, 2012. http://www.dhs.gov/ynews/fact-sheets/20120131-dhs-retain-highly-skilled-immigrants.shtm, retrieved July 20, 2012.
6. Government Accountability Office. General Aviation Security. Weaknesses Exist in TSA’s Process for Ensuring Foreign Flight Students Do Not Pose a SecurityThreat. July 2012. p. 20.
July 19, 2012: Election Ads Dish Up the Mudslinging America Loves
1. The White House. Office of the Press Secretary. Statement by the President on the DISCLOSE Act. July 16, 2012. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/07/16/statement-president-disclose-act, retrieved July 16, 2012.
July 15, 2012: White House Will Make the Working Class Pay
1. Congressional Budget Office. Estimated Impact of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act on Employment and Economic Output from January 2012 Through March 2012. May 25, 2012. p. 1.
2. Ibid., p. 2.
3. Congressional Budget Office. Report on the Troubled Asset Relief Program. March 2012. p. 6.
4. Figures from Bureau of Labor Statistics Employment Situation reports.
5. Congressional Budget Office. Infrastructure Banks and Surface Transportation. July 2012. p. 5.
July 13, 2012: Sanctuary Cities Are No Havens for Taxpayers
1. Congressman Luis Gutierrez. Mayor Emanuel Announces Safe Families Ordinance Improving on Existing Chicago Immigrant Policies. July 10, 2012. http://gutierrez.house.gov/index.php? option=com_content&view=article&id=766:mayor-emanuel-announces-safe-families-ordinance-improving-on-existing-chicago-immigrant-policies&catid=51:2012-press-releases, retrieved July 12, 2012.
July 8, 2012: How Obama Immigration Policy Forces Cultural Appropriation
1. The White House Blog. Cecilia Munoz, Director of the Domestic Policy Council. Religious Leaders Support President Obama’s Stance on Immigration Reform. Cecilia Munoz. June 26, 2012. http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/06/26/religious-leaders-support-president-obama-s-stance-immigration-reform-0, retrieved July 7, 2012.
July 6, 2012: Partisanship is the Most Dangerous Government Waste
1. United States Senate Democrats. Reid: Republicans Put Defeating Obama Ahead of Working With Democrats to Create Jobs. June 13, 2012. http://democrats.senate.gov/2012/06/13/reid-republicans-put-defeating-obama-ahead-of-working-with-democrats-to-create-jobs/, retrieved July 5, 2012.
2. John Boehner. Congressman Boehner: House Republicans Pressing Forward on Pro-Jobs Agenda. June 7, 2012. http://boehner.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=298830, retrieved July 5, 2012.
3. The White House. Office of the Press Secretary. Remarks by the President on the American Jobs Act. October 4, 2011. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/10/04/remarks-president-american-jobs-act, retrieved July 4, 2012.
July 1, 2012: With So Many Wins for the Middle Class, Why Such a Dismal Future?
1. United States Senate Democrats. Reid: Supreme Court’s Decision A True Victory For The American People. http://democrats.senate.gov/2012/06/29/reid-supreme-court%E2%80%99s-decision-a-true-victory-for-the-american-people/, retrieved June 30, 2012.
2. The White House. Fact Sheet: The Affordable Care Act: Secure Health Coverage for the middle Class. June 28, 2012. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/ 2012/06/28/fact-sheet-affordable-care-act-secure-health-coverage-middle-class, retrieved July 1, 2012.
3. Congressional Budget Office. Updated Estimates for the Insurance Coverage Provisions of the Affordable Care Act. March 2012. p. 3.
4. Ibid., p. 6
5. Ibid., p. 5, citing Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, National Health Expenditure Data: Historical, Table 16, “Per Enrollee Expenditures and Average Annual Percent Change in Medicare Spending and in Private Health Insurance Premiums, Calendar Years 1969–2010,” http://www.cms.gov/ NationalHealthExpendData/downloads/tables.pdf.
6. Ibid., p. 6.
7. The Gavel. On House Passage of American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Speaker Nancy Pelosi. January 28, 2009. http://www.democraticleader.gov/blog/? p=1669, retrieved June 30, 2012.
8. The White House. Office of the Press Secretary. Remarks by the President and the Vice President Before Signing the Middle-Class Tax Cuts Bill. December 17, 2010. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2010/12/17/remarks-president-and-vice-president-signing-middle-class-tax-cuts-bill, retrieved July 1, 2012.
9. The White House. Statement by the President. August 2, 2011. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/08/02/statement-president, retrieved July 1, 2012.
10. The White House. Remarks by the President. July 31, 2011. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/07/31/remarks-president, retrieved July 1, 2012.