February 26, 2012: Violence A Familiar Lesson In Islamic Religion and Morality
1. The White House. Office of the Press Secretary. Press Gaggle by Press Secretary Jay Carney en route Miami, Fl, 2/23/2012. http://www.whitehouse.gov/ the-press-office/2012/02/23/press-gaggle-press-secretary-jay-carney-en-route-miami-fl-2232012, retrieved February 26, 2012.
2. U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations. Chairman Kerry Delivers A Speech On U.S. Policy Toward the Middle East. March 16, 2011. http://www.foreign.senate.gov/ press/chair/release/?id=0a6895cf-d8b7-4da2-8a23-4670b5b98615, retrieved February 26, 2012.
3. U.S. Senator John McCain. Press Releases. Statement by Senators McCain, Lieberman and Graham on Syria, February 24, 2012. http://mccain.senate.gov/ public/index.cfm?FuseAction=PressOffice.PressReleases&ContentRecord_id= b07d9ac2-e278-a629-8236-3a97ee41c95a, retrieved February 26, 2012.
February 23, 2012: Making Illegal Immigrants Fashionable: A Lesson for the GOP
1. Congressional Hispanic Caucus. Velazquez Remarks on Selma-Montgomery Marches. February 16, 2012. http://chc-gonzalez.house.gov/press-release/vel%C3%A1zquez-remarks-selma-montgomery-marches, retrieved February 21, 2012.
3. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Illegal alien arrested, charged with voter fraud. March 17, 2011. http://www.ice.gov/news/releases/1103/110317lakecounty.htm, retrieved February 21, 2012.
February 19, 2012: This Is How Obama Proves He Cares About Manufacturing
1. Congressional Budget Office. Understanding and Responding to Persistently High Unemployment. February 2012. Summary page.
3. Executive Office of the President of the United States. Council of Economic Advisors. Preparing the Workers of Today for the Jobs of Tomorrow. July 2009. p. 5.
4. United States Senator for Nevada Harry Reid. Responsible Health Care Reform. The Affordable Care Act. http://reid.senate.gov/issues/upload/health-care-law-creates-jobs.pdf, retrieved February 19, 2012.
5. United States Senator for Nevada Harry Reid. Reid: Republicans Willing To Risk Economic Crisis To Protect Tax Breaks For Oil Companies, Corporate Jets. June 28, 2011. http://reid.senate.gov/newsroom/pr_062811_economy.cfm, retrieved February 19, 2012.
6. Congressional Budget Office. The Budget and Economic Outlook: Fiscal Years 2012 to 2022. January 2012. p. 34.
7. The White House. Office of the Press Secretary. Weekly Address: Continuing to Strengthen American Manufacturing. February 18, 2012. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/02/18/weekly-address-continuing-strengthen-american-manufacturing, retrieved February 19, 2012.
8. Figures from archived Employment Situation releases, http://bls.gov/schedule/archives/empsit_nr.htm, retrieved February 19, 2012.
February 16, 2012: Forcing States to Pay: The Invisible Budget That Hurts
1. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The Employment Situation. December 2008. p. 3.
2. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The Employment Situation. January 2010. p. 2.
3. Congressional Budget Office. The Impact of Unauthorized Immigrants on the Budgets of State and Local Governments. December 2007. p. 1.
5. Government Accountability Office. State and Local Governments’ Fiscal Outlook. April 2011. Update. p. 2.
February 12, 2012: Republicans Miss the Point About Government and Religion
1. GOP.gov. Obama Admin. Attack on Religious Freedom “Will Not Stand.” http://www.gop.gov/republicans/johnboehner/media/8hAS2Uqc-fs, retrieved February 11, 2012.
2. Republican.Senate.Gov. Administration Tramples Religious Liberty. February 8, 2012. http://republican.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/multimedia?ID=45c38a02-abe5-4588-8173-b28b62ac7d6b, retrieved February 11, 2012.
3. GOP.gov. Repeal & Replace the Job Destroying Health Care Law. http://www.gop.gov/indepth/pledge/healthcare, retrieved February 12, 2012.
February 9, 2012: Kansas Forgets the First Rule About Illegal Immigrants
1. Homeland Security. Office of Immigration Statistics. Estimates of the Unauthorized Immigrant Population Residing in the United States: January 2010. Michael Hoefer, Nancy Rytina, and Bryan C. Baker. February 2011. p. 4.
2. United States Department of Labor. Secretary of Labor Hilda L. Solis. Remarks by Hilda L. Solis, Secretary of Labor. Nicaragua & Guatemala Migrant Workers Rights Signing Ceremony. June 16, 2011. http://www.dol.gov/_sec/media/speeches/20110616_NG.htm, retrieved June 23, 2011.
February 5, 2012: Obama Home Loan Plan is More Lazy Democratic Paternalism
1. The White House. Office of the Press Secretary. It’s Time for Congress to Act to Help Responsible Homeowners. February 4 2012. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/02/04/weekly-address-it-s-time-congress-act-help-responsible-homeowners, retrieved February 4, 2012.
3. MakingHomeAffordable.gov. What is Making Home Affordable? Delivering Mortgage Relief. http://www.makinghomeaffordable.gov/about-mha/Pages/what-is-mha.aspx, retrieved February 5, 2012.
4. Office of the Special Inspector General for the Troubled Asset Relief Program. Quarterly Report to Congress. January 26, 2011. p. 10.
5. MakingHomeAffordable.gov, op. cit.
6. Change.gov. The Office of the President-Elect. The Obama-Biden Plan. http://change.gov/agenda/economy_agenda/, retrieved February 5, 2012.
February 2, 2012: College Tuition Scheme is More Hypocrisy from the White House
1. Executive Office of the President. Teacher Jobs At Risk. October 2011. p. 9.
2. The White House. Office of the Press Secretary. Remarks by the President in State of the Union Address. January 24, 2012. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/01/24/remarks-president-state-union-address, retrieved January 28, 2012.
3. The White House. Office of the Press Secretary. Remarks by the President on College Affordability, Ann Arbor, Michigan. January 27, 2012. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/01/27/remarks-president-college-affordability-ann-arbor-michigan, retrieved January 30, 2012.
4. The White House. Remarks by the President in State of the Union Address, op. cit.