November 30, 2012: Small Companies Targeted by This Obamacare Tax Credit Prank
1. HealthCare.gov. Large Business. http://www.healthcare.gov/using-insurance/employers/large-business/index.html, retrieved November 29, 2012.
2. U.S. Small Business Administration. FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions. http://web.sba.gov/faqs/faqIndexAll.cfm?areaid=24, retrieved November 29, 2012.
3. The White House Blog. Expanding the Healthcare Tax Credit for Small Businesses. Karen Mills. February 16, 2012. http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/02/16/expanding-healthcare-tax-credit-small-businesses, retrieved November 29, 2012.
4. The White House. Small Business Health Care Tax Credit. http://www.whitehouse.gov/ healthreform/small-business/tax-credit, retrieved November 30, 2012.
5. Government Accountability Office. Small Employer Health Tax Credit. May 2012. Highlights Page. What GAO Found.
7. Ibid., p. 4.
November 29, 2012: Obama Employer Mandate, Fairness, and Shared Responsibility Suck
1. United States Department of Labor. Support Your Local Merchants Saturday and “Shop Small.” Secretary Hilda Solis. November 23, 2012. http://social.dol.gov/blog/support-your-local-merchants-saturday-and-%E2%80%9Cshop-small%E2%80%9D/, retrieved November 27, 2012.
2. HealthCare.gov. Increasing Choice and Saving Money for Small Businesses. http://www.healthcare.gov/news/factsheets/2010/06/increasing-choice-and-saving-money-for-small-businesses.html, retrieved November 27, 2012.
November 25, 2012: Will Cybersecurity Bill Halt Our Nonpartisan Deficit Spending Fix?
1. United States Senate Democrats. Reid: Challenges Facing Nation Too Great To Be Solved By Democrats or Republicans Alone. November 13, 2012. http://democrats.senate.gov/2012/11/13/reid-challenges-facing-nation-too-great-to-be-solved-by-democrats-or-republicans-alone/, retrieved November 25, 2012.
2. John Boehner. Congressman Boehner Calls for Bipartisan Action to Avert the Fiscal Cliff. November 7, 2012. http://boehner.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=312050. retrieved November 25, 2012.
3. United States Senate Democrats. Reid: Cooperation On Cyber Security Bill Could Set Positive, Bipartisan Tone Going Into Fiscal Cliff Talks. November 14, 2012. http://democrats.senate.gov/2012/11/14/reid-cooperation-on-cyber-security-bill-could-set-positive-bipartisan-tone-going-into-fiscal-cliff-talks/, retrieved November 24, 2012.
November 23, 2012: 5 Bad Reasons to Give Drivers Licenses to Illegal Immigrants
1. Congressman Duncan Hunter. Hunter Drafts Legislation Limiting Funds to States that Issue Driver’s Licenses to Illegal Immigrants. September 4, 2012. http://hunter.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=511&Itemid=60, retrieved November 23, 2012.
3. “Temporary Visitor Driver’s License Program (TVDL).” Illinois Secretary of State. https://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/dsd_tvdl4.pdf, retrieved March 31, 2017.
November 22, 2012: Social Exclusion Is Good Immigration Policy and Bad Politics
1. Congressional Hispanic Caucus. Democrats Are Fighting for Jobs for America’s Hispanics and Their Families. October 4, 2011. http://chc-gonzalez.house.gov/112th-congress-democratic-vs-republican-record-issues-key-hispanics, retrieved November 22, 2012.
November 18, 2012: Tax the Wealthy to Finance Baby Boomer Welfare?
1. A Pledge to America., p. 20.
2. A Pledge to America., p. 3.
3. John Boehner. Congressman Boehner Statement on Senate Passage of the Budget Control Act. August 2, 2011. http://boehner.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=254837, retrieved November 18, 2012.
4. Speaker of the House John Boehner. Weekly Republican Address: Speaker Boehner on Helping Our Economy Grow, Create Jobs, and Avert the Fiscal Cliff. November 9, 2012. http://www.speaker.gov/press-release/weekly-republican-address-speaker-boehner-helping-our-economy-grow-create-jobs-and, retrieved November 12, 2012.
5. Congressional Budget Office. Raising the Ages of Eligibility for Medicare and Social Security. January 2012. p. 1.
6. United States Senator for Nevada Harry Reid. Sen. Harry Reid Lauded for Protecting Social Security. January 27, 2011. http://www.reid.senate.gov/newsroom/pr_012711_socialsecurity.cfm, retrieved November 18, 2012.
7. United States Senator for Nevada Harry Reid. Reid Statement on the 45th Anniversary of Medicare Taking Effect. July 1, 2011. http://www.reid.senate.gov/newsroom/pr_070111_medicare.cfm, retrieved November 18, 2012.
November 15, 2012: America Thrives on Social Inequality. So Does Obama.
1. The White House. Office of the Press Secretary. Remarks by the President at a Campaign Event in Columbus, Ohio. November 5, 2012. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/11/05/remarks-president-campaign-event-columbus-ohio, retrieved November 14, 2012.
2. The White House. Office of the Press Secretary. Remarks by the President at a Campaign Event – Columbus, OH. April 21, 2012. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/08/21/remarks-president-campaign-event-columbus-oh, retrieved November 14, 2012.
3. The White House. Office of the Press Secretary. Remarks by the President at a Campaign Event in Columbus, Ohio. Op. cit.
4. United States Department of Labor. News Release. Statement of Labor Secretary Hilda L. Solis on October employment numbers. November 2, 2012. http://www.dol.gov/opa/media/press/opa/OPA20122213.htm#.UKTVToZChLY, retrieved November 15, 2012.
November 11, 2012: Self-Deportation is the Best Amnesty for Illegals
1. Congressman Luis V. Gutierrez. Gutierrez: “Ready to Work With the President” on Immigration Solutions. November 7, 2012. http://gutierrez.house.gov/press-release/gutierrez-ready-work-president-immigration-solutions, retrieved November 11, 2012.
2. U.S. Representative John C. Fleming, M.D. Fleming: Boehner Comments on “Comprehensive Approach to Immigration Reform are Puzzling and Concerning.” November 8, 2012. http://fleming.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=312036, retrieved November 11, 2012.
November 9, 2012: Say No to Illinois Debt and Politics: Leave While You Can
1. Congressional Budget Office. Choices for Deficit Reduction. November 2012. p. 1.
November 8, 2012: Tea Party Terrorizes Democrats With Fiscal Restraint
1. United States Senate Democrats. Reid Statement on Romney’s False Claims of Bipartisanship. November 2, 2012. http://democrats.senate.gov/2012/11/02/reid-statement-on-romneys-false-claims-of-bipartisanship-2/, retrieved November 7, 2012.
2. Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. The Imbalanced Constitutional Budget Amendment. http://jackson.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=475:the-imbalanced-constitutional-budget-amendment&catid=43:speeches-and-articles&Itemid=90, retrieved November 8, 2012.
3. United States Senate Democrats. Reid Statement on Joint Select Committee. November 21, 2011. http://democrats.senate.gov/2011/11/21/reid-statement-on-joint-select-committee/, retrieved November 7, 2012.
4. United States Senate Democrats. In Floor Speech, Schumer Says Tea Party Is Only Hurdle Left To Bipartisan Budget Deal-Urges Speaker Boehner To Abandon Far-Right Fringe And Accept Compromise. March 29, 2011. http://democrats.senate.gov/2011/03/29/in-floor-speech-schumer-says-tea-party-is-only-hurdle-left-to-bipartisan-budget-deal-urges-speaker-boehner-to-abandon-far-right-fringe-and-accept-compromise/, retrieved November 6, 2012.
November 4, 2012: Paying for Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Wastes Our Tax Dollars
1. United States Department of Agriculture. Memo Code: SP 16 – 2012. Food and Nutrition Service. Crediting Tofu and Soy Yogurt Products. February 22, 2012.
2. United States Department of Agriculture. Office of Inspector General. Analysis of FNS’ Supplemental Nutriton Assistance Program Fraud Prevention and Detection Efforts. September 2012. p. 1
3. Ibid., p. 11.
4. Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky. The sham of Simpson-Bowles. October 24, 2012. http://schakowsky.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3128:the-sham-of-simpson-bowles&catid=24:2012-press-releases, retrieved November 3, 2012.
5. Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky. Schakowsky Participates In National Food Stamp Challenge. October 27, 2011. http://schakowsky.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id= 3002&Itemid=17, retrieved November 4, 2012.
6. Dick Durbin. U.S Senator for Illinois. Durbin: Fighting Hunger Must Remain A Priority. June 3, 2011. http://durbin.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/pressreleases?ID=35cf6225-ef32-428b-9fec-326adbafea3c, retrieved November 4, 2012.
7. Payment Accuracy. http://paymentaccuracy.gov/high-priority-programs, retrieved November 4, 2012.
8. Congressional Budget Office. Child Nutrition Programs. CBO Baseline, March 2012. http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/attachments/43064_ChildNutrition.pdf, retrieved November 4, 2012.
9. “Ag Secretary Perdue Moves to Make School Meals Great Again.” USDA. May 1, 2017. https://www.usda.gov/media/press-releases/2017/05/01/ag-secretary-perdue-moves-make-school-meals-great-again, retrieved May 13, 2017.
November 2, 2012: How Do ICE Agents Mix Inane Social Policy With Law Enforcement?
1. Government Accountability Office. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY. Taking Further Action to Better Determine Causes of Morale Problems Would Assist in Targeting Action Plans. September 2012. Highlights page.
2. Ibid., p. 14.
3. Department of Homeland Security. Secretary Napolitano’s Remarks on Smart Effective Border Security and Immigration Enforcement. October 5, 2011. http://www.dhs.gov/news/2011/10/05/ secretary-napolitanos-remarks-smart-effective-border-security-and-immigration, retrieved November 1, 2012.
6. Homeland Security. USCIS Begins Accepting Requests For Consideration Of Deferred Action For Childhood Arrivals. August 15, 2012. http://www.dhs.gov/news/2012/08/15/uscis-begins-accepting-requests-consideration-deferred-action-childhood-arrivals, retrieved November 1, 2012.
November 1, 2012: Anti-Business Immigration Policy Targets Job Creators
1. Congressman Luis V. Gutierrez. More Than 100 House Dems Thank President for Deferred Action Policy for Young Immigrants Eligible for the DREAM Act. July 19, 2012. http://gutierrez.house.gov/press-release/more-100-house-dems-thank-president-deferred-action-policy-young-immigrants-eligible. Text of letter retrieved from http://gutierrez.house.gov/sites/gutierrez.house.gov/files/images/stories/071812_Congress_Thanks_President_Obama_for_DREAM_ Policy.pdf, retrieved October 30, 2012.
2. U.S. Department of Justice. Office of Special Council – NYA. IF YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK, Don’t let anyone take it away. http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/e-verify-swa-right-to-work.pdf, retrieved October 30, 2012.
3. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Does your employer use E-Verify? You should know your rights. http://www.uscis.gov/uscis/files/nativedocuments/toolkit/files/bifold-KYR_EN.pdf, retrieved October 31, 2012.
4. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Reporting Violations. http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid= c35bfb41c8596210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel= c35bfb41c8596210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD, retrieved October 30, 2012.
5. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Process. http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Resources/Reports%20and%20Studies/Immigration%20Forms%20Data/All%20Form%20Types/DACA/DACAOct2012.pdf.
6. Congressman Luis V. Gutierrez. Op. cit.